Wednesday 21 August 2013

Godhead by Ken Mooney



This book really grabbed me and, as a debut novel, it impressed me. To start with I found Megan slightly irritating with her lack of 'get up and go' but I warmed to her in the end. Karl comes across as a rather befuddled bloke who doesn't know what day of the week it is but I still liked him for it. Made a change from the usual male hero.

The story itself is a fabulous tale involving gods most of us are familiar with (who knew Aphrodite was such a vixen? Ah...) and their descendants. Megan and Karl are thrown together by different circumstances towards the Circle, who are there to protect the descendants of the Gods.

The description and destruction of Olympus is graphic and believable. The bits in the book which touch on the mythology and describe events from that era are really striking in the way they fire up imagination. I could see the whole scene clearly.

This book is action packed from start to finish with descriptive writing which let me taste the air in this story. It's well thought out, never loses momentum and, as you can tell, I really loved it.

I want to know what happens next!



Twitter: @kenmooney

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.