Tuesday 3 December 2013

The Fencing Master's Daughter by Giselle Marks


I really liked this regency romance book. It has style. With two strong likeable main characters and a interesting supporting cast there was mystery, love, action and a few cads making this novel a very enjoyable read. Regency romance would not be my first choice as a genre but this book has made me think again and I am glad I had the chance to read it.

Edward the Earl of Chalcombe is walking home when he is set upon by a group of undesirables. He is rescued by a man and a woman who see him home and raise his curiosity over their identity when they then disappear without any forwarding address. Determined to reward them and also seek out his beautiful female rescuer with the intention of marrying her, he sets about finding them. To his surprise they are linked by a villain who has done them both wrong in very different ways and together they fight for justice.

The characters in this book are just so easy to like and imagine. The author has really done her homework in regard to the period and the whole novel is as authentic as it gets without actually being written in that time period. If you haven't tried regency romance before then I happily recommend this book as your introduction. 

Follow Giselle Marks on Twitter: @GiselleMarks1

2 comments:

  1. Lovely review and this sounds great. I used to read lots of historical romance and it was a genre really got into once - so I'm now tempted to go back to it :) I've seen lots of stuff by Giselle on Twitter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thoroughly recommend you have a look, Helen. Authentically voiced and entertaining :)

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.