Thursday 28 March 2013

The Witch of Luna Hill by Neel Kay



I woke up very early this morning and one of the first things I did was start reading this book from where I left off late last night. Always a good sign!

The Witch of Luna Hill is billed as a fantasy/romance novel which, to me, doesn't really do it justice because it's actually a crackingly good fantasy novel which would stand on its own as just that. Although I feel this book is for the older teenage market, I really enjoyed it as a forty something woman and I will definitely be buying the second of this two book series when it is published.

The story centres around Aia, a young woman who was attacked and almost killed but was resuscitated by the villager who found her. She suffers amnesia and, taking a name given to her by those who found her, she begins a new life. She has nightmares, which she assumes are flashbacks of her past, but she can't bring them to focus. A chance meeting with Merian, the sister of the feared Lyder, takes her home to a people who expect her to save them all.

There is a real feel of Scandinavian lore about this book and it was no surprise to find out the author, Neel Kay is a Dane. Her webpage can be found here: http://neelkay.wordpress.com

http://amzn.to/1bH4noG

Twitter: @NeelKay


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.